As you know Hotmail is one of the oldest email services in the market. Microsoft acquired Hotmail and updated it with many features and released it as Outlook.com. Many of us know about Hotmail and have Hotmail account for us. Now Hotmail and Outlook have same email service platform. If you wish to open Hotmail, you will be redirected to Outlook home page. You can use Hotmail login details to login into Outlook.com. As Outlook is a new name but many of us call this service with Hotmail. Here this article tells you How to Sign Up for a new Hotmail Account.
Hotmail is an email service where you can use it for sending messages and to get notifications from various applications if you Sign in with Hotmail Account. You can use Hotmail Account to for all the Microsoft platforms and also Sign in different applications. Hotmail is directly connected to Microsoft cloud service called OneDrive as you can access it from Hotmail home page. You can also use Word, Powerpoint, Excel, OneNote, Skype, Bing, Office, and Calendar in the Hotmail home page.
How to Sign Up for a new Hotmail Account:
- Open the web browser and type www.hotmail.com/ www.outlook.com as you can choose any of these and you will be redirected to the same home page. Click Enter.
- You can see a small window as to Sign In into your account but as we need to Sign Up click on ‘Create One’ which is at the bottom of the window.
- You will be redirected to a new page with heading ‘Create an Account’. Now you have to fill the required details to Sign Up.
- These features are used to Sign In to Hotmail/ Outlook Account. Enter the details one by one as you need to choose your Hotmail Account Username with XXX@outlook.com or XXX@hotmail.com.
- Use any one of the available Username, and you will be using this Username to access the same platform.
- Then you have to set a Password to secure your account. The password should be minimum of 8 characters and case sensitive.
- Now enter your details like Country, Birthdate, Gender, Country code and Mobile Number.
- You need to enter your correct Mobile Number which helps you to Sign In if you forget your Password. If you forget your Password, then you can reset your password by entering a six digit code sent to your mobile number.
- Now you can give an alternate email address to recover your Hotmail Account, or you can use this email to get a notification when you Sign In every time.
- Enter the Captcha to verify the account and then check the box to accept the terms and conditions. Now Click on Create account.
- Now a new window with your First Name will be displayed as Hotmail is welcoming you to its home page.
- You can set the language and time zone for your account and then click on Let’s Go.
- Finally, you have entered into your Hotmail Account, and now you can access it services.
Follow this steps to Sign Up for a new Hotmail Account. As you are new to Hotmail, it shows a small tutorial about How to use Hotmail Account and tells about its services. Access Hotmail to send messages and use this account to login into applications and get the notifications.