Sometimes your Hotmail account might get hacked or simply you don’t feel the need of continuing your Hotmail account. In that case, you might be thinking of deleting the account, but most of us are unable to do that and leave the account as it is. You will no longer be allowed to use the Hotmail app in order to delete the account. In this article, we will try to teach you how to delete a Hotmail account.
Steps To Delete Hotmail Account
Below here are few points that tell about how to delete a Hotmail account. Read them carefully.
- Visit The Closure Page Of Hotmail Account: If you are already logged in the Hotmail account form before then just visit the closure page after entering your password. However, if you have not logged in then enter your email ID first and then your password.
- Enter The Password: Entering password is actually meant to check your identity. You have to enter the password in the blank field provided. However, if you have been logged in while trying to visit the closure page of the account then you will be asked to enter your phone number. Enter the phone number on the box which is at the bottom of the page. Click the send button immediately after you have entered. Your phone will receive a code, enter the code again in the blank field provided.
- Enter Sign in: After you have entered the password and the code sent on your phone, click the sign in box which is below the blank field. However, if you are asked to use a code in order to verify account then you can skip the step.
- Click The Next Box: You will find the next box which is provided at the page’s bottom. Information will be provided to you in this page which will tell you about the consequences after you have deleted your account. So, it will be better than you go through the instructions once before you proceed towards deleting the account.
- Click On Every Box On The Left Side: There will be a blank box before every terms on the left side of the page. You have to click on each of the box which indicates that you have read the terms and accept all the terms for deleting the account.
- Select A Reason: After you have clicked on all the boxes of terms of deletion, you will be asked a reason of closing your account. Click on the ‘select a reason’ to select one.
- Select A Reason To Close Your Account: This is a necessary step before you have selected your account for closure. You have to select the reason why you are closing your account. If you don’t find the reason listed on the page then select the My reason isn’t listed.
- Click Mark Account For Closure: You will find this button just at the page’s bottom. Select the button to delete your account permanently. However, if you change your decision then just log into your Hotmail account within 60 days.
The steps mentioned above tells about how to delete your Hotmail account. Make sure you read the terms and conditions page carefully.